Friday, April 20, 2012

Isle of Man

Isle of Man were a multi-ethnic pop\rock band (hailing from France, Nicaragua, Italy and the United States) from the 80's that consisted of singer Robere Parlez, guitarist Raun, bassist Jamie Roberto and drummer Ronnie Lee Sage.
In 1986, they released their self-titled debut album on Pasha Records which peaked at #110 on the Billboard 200 chart in September of that same year.
Their first single, "Am I Forgiven" peaked at #90 on the Billboard Hot 100 in August of that same year, staying on the charts for 4 weeks.

Their follow-up singles, "Desperate Surrender" and "Building Bridges" were released, but they didn't chart at all.

Ronnie, Jamie and Raun were featured on Ava Cherry's 1987 album, "Picture Me." According to Discogs.com, Raun has a writing & arrangement credit on Jon Butcher's 1987 album "Wishes."

Other than that, nothing much has been heard from the members of Isle of Man. It appears they have faded into obscurity.

To see a fan-made video for "Am I Forgiven," go to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Bz8nJsx8I

To see the music video for "Desperate Surrender," go to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuvT6VC84rw


[Updated on 04\17\2016]

3 comments:

Ralph Shinevar said...

Anyone have a copy of this album on CD?

Gregg Hazen said...

Yes,

I bought it over 20 years ago.

My favorite song is "Skin Trade"

Gregg

thehazens@mail.com

Jim McClanahan said...

I don't believe it ever made it to CD which is a shame. It's a great album. I have it on vinyl and cassette. Just before I moved a few years ago I ripped the cassette to a WAV file and did a quick conversion to MP3. I didn't clean it up much and still haven't found the box with the tape and the CD with the raw WAV file. I'd like to get a clean set of MP3s for my tablet. Desperate Surrender is one of my favorites with a deeply personal meaning for me.