Friday, December 21, 2012

Debra Dejean

Debra Dejean (from Memphis, Tennessee) was a female dance singer from the 80s. Not much information is given about Debra, but she was signed to the Handshake Records And Tapes label.
In 1981, Debra release her only self-titled album. It's unknown how or if the album ever made the charts at all. 
The first single, "Are You Lovin Somebody/You've Really Got A Hold On Me" was released, but didn't make the charts.
Debra's second single, "Goosebumps/Underfire" was released, but once again, it failed to make impact on the charts.
The last single, "Strange Love" failed to make the charts at all. After that, it seems as if Debra Dejean has faded into obscurity. Nothing much has been heard from her since the 80s.

To see a fan-made video for "Strange Love," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81OsiMP3Vgg

To see a fan-made video for "Are You Lovin' Somebody," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ZNXMOzCY4

To see a fan-made video for "Goosebumps," go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7vkG2TjWs

4 comments:

wk101 said...

I remember dancing to the mixes of "Goosebumps" and "Are You Lovin' Somebody" back in 1981-82 at 2002 in White Oak (Outside of McKeesport/Pittsburgh, PA)...I also have them on 12" vinyl, and I have her album on CD...

david said...

Goosebumps was played on the radio here in new york back in 81. It also charted on billboards disco/dance charts

Marlyne Moreau said...

Debra passed away in June 2015

Dann DeWitt said...

Well, I'm sorry to hear she passed away. I love that song, reminds me of my first year hitting the clubs (gay clubs) in 82'. it seem to get a lot of play back then. I went out and bought her LP...and you know what? it is pretty good....Are you Lovin somebody , really has this magical sound and seductive rhythm. I never get tired of hearing it...

I hope she had a good life.

DDJ